For the past couple of months, we have been crafting why people should believe in ifetcha and here’s a list of our favorite reasons:
1. ifetcha is social, local and mobile (SoLoMo), which is going to be the next cutting edge for digital businesses in 2012. Smartphones are on the rise and 49% users time spent on mobile phone is to socialize. Location is becoming prominent and it is much more than check-ins, we are using location to allow users discover the nearest people with the same interests or find venues where they can host a meetup with other ifetcha users with a special rate. And regarding mobile, well what more can I say… It’s a mobile application…
2. You can finally break the ice with that hot girl on the corner that you just can’t keep your eyes off from. Or discover people who play basketball in your neighbourhood, better yet, find that talented programmer you have been looking for, next door!
3. Connect with people outside of your current network. Don’t accept being single and lonely while all the ‘boyfriend/girlfriend potential’ friends you have on your favorite social network are either taken or married. Broaden your network! Get connected!
4. Don’t worry about being stalked or feeling uncomfortable exposing your profile in public. We are implementing a feature where you can easily configure your discoverability and accessibility. When you feel annoyed by someone, simply flag the person or just block them so you wouldn’t have to see them again, ever. Set who can see you, and who you can see. Similar to Blendr’s settings.
5. It’s like The Sims, but in real life. Many gave us feedback that in a more conservative culture, people wouldn’t be comfortable coming up to a stranger with a full profile. This is why we are going to make it more fun, by putting on some gaming elements. Here’s some of the features:
- Your profile would have ratings based on how popular you are (e.g. How many times you have been favorited by others, how many virtual items you’ve received, etc.)
- For every connections you make with others, you will have an engagement level with that person. Maintain your relationships with other users by performing some actions to them. The more actions you do to that person (and the other way around) the higher your level of engagement with that person will be. And the more engagement levels you have with multiple people, the higher profile score you’ll get.
- You’ll receive badges as you reveal more information about yourself, which also validates the legitimacy of a user. So for instance, when you login with facebook, and we see that you have more than x number of friends, you’ll have the first level of badge. When x number of ifetcha users met up with you and give you good rating, you’ll get a higher level of badge. While you earn these badges, we’ll also reward you with points which would be accumulated to your overall profile score.
- You’ll get rewarded with ifetcha credits (which you can use to purchase virtual items with) for your frequency of using ifetcha.
These are the 5 most awesome reasons that we can highlight (among thousands other ;)). The point of this application is that we wanna help you make your life more social, by connecting with new and interesting people around you. And more fun, by being active in the game.
Be excited, ‘cause we’re excited in bringing this awesome service available for you! :)
The ifetcha Team